Admission and hospitalization
From the time of admission, the patient will be assisted by a dedicated physician from the Clinic, or can choose to be followed by his/her own physician (provided that his/her physician has been accredited by the Sanitary management of the Clinic).
The Clinic guarantees to the patients a 24H medical and anesthesiologist support.
The safety of our patients will at all times be under the tight supervision of the anesthesiologist and reanimation teams.
The immediate availability of specialized physicians, surgeons, technical and nursing staff allows the Clinic to deal with any kind of medical emergency.
The wellbeing of our Patient, ensured by a comfortable stay in a highly technological room is a core value for the Clinic.
Columbus Clinic has 90 comfortable rooms for the patients, divided in three categories : “standard”, “superior” and “suite”. Additional accomodation services and nursing assistance are available for the “superior” rooms and the “suites”, in order to satisfy any request.
Columbus Clinic Center has 6 Operating Rooms equipped with cutting-edge technologies, enabling complex interventions with the most modern surgical techniques.
In the “hybrid” Operating Room procedures of Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, Electrophysiology and Endovascular surgery are performed.
Advanced equipment, such as the system for robotic surgery “Da Vinci”, are installed in the Operating Theaters. Surgical procedures using an image-guided neurosurgery navigation system are also performed. In addition, the Clinic has the latest instruments needed to perform surgical procedures in arthroscopy, laparoscopy and digestive endoscopy.
Intensive care unit
The Clinic has an Intensive Care Unit with three beds, always available for post-surgical needs or medical emergencies.
Nursing outpatients’ department
The service will be available starting from January 2019
Mondays and Wednesdays, from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Saturdays, from 8:00am to 12:00pm
For reservations, please call +39 0248080445
Columbus Clinic Center hosts a nursing outpatients’ department offering the following services:
- Intramuscular, subcutaneous injections
- Intravenous injections
- Drug administration via topical, inhaled, or other routes
- Basic and complex medication
- IV administration with cannula insertion
- Urinary catheter placement and replacement
- Blood glucose measurements / vital signs measurements (body temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, weight)
- Simple and complex bedsore treatment
- Surgical drain management and assessment
- Nasogastric tube management
- SPC and nephrostomy catheter management and check
- Management and flushing of long-term venous access devices (PICCs, midline catheters, cath holders)
- Ostomy patient assistance: health education and management
- Simple and complex bandaging
- Preparation for surgery, preoperative trichotomy and intestinal preparation
- Assistance to patients with urinary catheter: catheter check and bladder irrigation
- Assistance to patients with intestinal problems: enema administration
Home Health Care Service
With its experience and strong network of selected and certified collaborators, Columbus Clinic Center offers a well-organized Home Care service of medical and nursing treatments, rehabilitation and assistance.
The goal is to improve the quality of life of patients at home, ensuring continuity of post-operative care, while striving to maintain the highest possible level of health and well-being.
The service includes:
- Home Care Nursing Assistance
- Home Health Care Assistance
- Nursing Services, including simple and complex medications, drip feed, Fleet enema, bladder catheter placement, complex bladder irrigations, measurements of blood glucose and other vital signs, bedsore dressing
- Ongoing Nursing Assistance
- Physiotherapy Sessions
- Speech Therapy Sessions
- Occupational Therapy Sessions
- Specific Medical Tests, such as ECG, Holter monitoring and others
The services offered by Columbus Clinic Center operators are customized to the needs of the patient with flexible schedules and strict regularity of the services requested.
For reservations, please call +39 342 9435037
Rehabilitation medicine and gym
Physiatrist and physiotherapists are available in the Clinic for physical recovery and rehabilitation of many different types of patients: from simple treatments to the most important disability and post-operative rehabilitation.
Many different treatments are performed using all the techniques: manual therapy, physical therapy and motor rehabilitation.