PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
Our Clinic provides psychological support and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
The areas of intervention are:
– anxiety and stress disorders
– panic attacks
– sexual problems
– eating disorders
– mood disorders
– issues and conflicts within couples/families
– learning difficulties
– psychology in a clinical setting: support for patients and families in the treatment process from the time of diagnosis
– EMDR treatment to alleviate stress and trauma
PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SERVICE
The purpose of the psychotherapeutic service is to define and treat an individual’s emotional, cognitive, affective and relational suffering and is usually achieved through a “pathway” consisting of the following steps:
- initial evaluation interview and possible acceptance of the patient;
- periodic individual interviews structured according to the evaluated need and possible family support therapy with or without the patient;
- final evaluation interview to determine whether the objectives set have been achieved;
- closing interview;
- possible follow-up interviews after 1, 3, 6 or 12 months.
In every case the type of pathway undertaken is always assessed and decided after having identified the patient’s needs and request for help.